Important International Meeting on the Role of Power Exchanges in the Coupled European Energy Markets
Metaxas & Associates Law Firm would like to inform you about the forthcoming “Energy Commodities Conference 2017”, an important scientific event dedicated to the major legal and political issues arising in the context of the EU electricity and natural gas markets, which will be held on the 12th & 13th of May 2017 in Athens, in “Athinais Multicultural Center”.
The conference will be attended by the major scientific and institutional actors operating within the Greek and EU energy market, as well as some of the most prominent academic researchers in the field of energy regulation. Among the invited speakers who have confirmed their attendance will be the Managing Partner of Metaxas & Associates Law Firm and Executive Director of the Hellenic Energy Regulation Institute, Prof. Dr. A. Metaxas. Prof. Metaxas will focus its presentation on the european law parameters and problems of capacity mechanisms.
The Agenda of the conference comprises of the following topics:
- The role of Power Exchanges towards the integration of the market
- The role of LAGIE as the Greek Power Exchange towards the Target Model and the Market Coupling with Italy
- The price landscape in SEE and the opportunities arise for Power Trading and Supplying firms
- The Capacity Markets Landscape in EU, as well as the EU directives for different state members
- The permanent mechanism for the Greek Capacity Assurance Certificates
- The landscape for power supplying companies in the Balkan Region
- The different strategies new alternative suppliers follow in their ‘fight’ for market share
- The entrepreneur services by power suppliers and DSOs which will change the status quo of end consumers and will turn them to ‘prosumers’
- The new IT tools for managing energy data, about price and RES production forecasting as well as fancy visualization software
- The continuing support of EEX to the Greek energy market and the possibilities for physical contracts
- The internal market price observation and the market shares of alternative suppliers.
For the detailed Agenda of the Conference, the registration fees and even further information on the event, please visit here.
We are looking forward to seeing you in this important Conference.